Monday, March 17, 2008

Yay!

Oh yea, it was definitely time to get off my ass and start moving. Pilates 2 times this week along with 2 power walks, sticking really close to my points, and staying strong against temptations lost me 5 more pounds this week! Since I started my weight loss adventure about a month and a half ago, I'm down a total of 16 pounds. That's HUGE for me!

I was really discouraged after last week, but maybe that was all I needed to kick my ass into gear. I think it's finally safe to even throw my jeans in the dryer since unless I wear a belt, all of my jeans are falling off me. That's such an awesome feeling. It's even better when people I haven't seen for a while are like, "Are you losing weight?" I just get a huge grin on my face and say, "Thanks so much for noticing! Yes I am! Finally!"

So 16 pounds lighter, and I'm starting to feel so much better about myself. Little by little. No one ever said anything to me when I went home last year about my size, but I still felt awkward. Maybe by the time I go home this year, I won't look at pictures of myself from the trip and be like, "Oh god..I didn't realize I looked that fat!"

I feel better too. I went for a 30 min power walk tonight after work, and plan on Pilates tomorrow night while Jayk's at training. Then it's strictly homework from there. My goal is to take 30 min a day to exercise. If I can carve that out and keep eating right, I hope to keep this momentum going. I even resisted a chocolate fudge mudslide cake at the station tonight! The servings said 8 servings per cake, but in one friggin slice there was 360 calories and 16 whopping fat grams! Holy crap! So I ate two small cookies instead and filled my sugar craving.

As odd as it sounds, the more I am able to say no when "bad" foods are offered to me, the better I begin to feel. Ok, I'm done babbling now, I just wanted to share the excitement. Today was the best weigh in day ever! Only because I went up 2 pounds last week and now I'm down 5! YaY! Talk about a motivator! I'm finally beginning to feel like I can really do this. I am a little nervous about my trip to Boston though...I won't have my safe groceries, there will be lots of restaurants, etc, etc...I have 9 more days to figure out how I'm going to do that...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

how ya doin'? i feel off the wagon and HARD. i am going up to mpls. this weekend and when i get back i so have to get back on track.

hope you're having better luck!

how was boston?